Ashes of Roses
A downloadable game
Ashes of Roses is a Sci-Fi thriller about exorcists, Shakespeare, and a hunk with a slasher smile. It is a direct sequel to Wine & Roses, although you do not need to have played Wine to enjoy Ashes.
An elite squad of exorcists has landed on Earth hundreds of years after humans left en masse. Floating alone above the wasteland planet is Heath, a rookie communications officer tending to the IGSS Delilah. As Argent, Carmanth, and Nynavae fight through the ruins of Fort Adder and the hellscapes below, Heath has a visitor on the starship...
- Unique battles test your exorcism skills. Each encounter is fought once, from miserable cultists to horrible demons.
- Flexible characters let you fight your way. The three Roses have specialized Gifts to pick and choose from, allowing you to design your preferred play style. Strategically match their Gifts to the ancient Spells you discover within Fort Adder, letting you tackle any foe!
- Sinister words and dire consequences threaten the mission. Humans are only human, after all, and Heath is no exception. He'll narrate the story via radio calls during battle and exploration, all while he drifts in orbit around a ruined Earth...
Dramatis personae, from left to right:
- Argent, skilled weaponmaster and defensive exorcist. Her wisdom thinly veils a snarky and direct perspective.
- Nynavae, techie extraordinaire and support exorcist. Very personable and forgiving, yet stubborn in a tense situation.
- Carmanth, fiery leader and offensive exorcist. Her tongue- and whip-lashings would leave anybody breathless.
- Judith, a solitary spirit. Lives quietly on a post-apocalyptic Earth, and finds a friend in...
- Heath, communications officer and rookie navigator. Thinks Macbeth is boring.
Enjoy the shortened IGMC 2018 version by the end of the month, with all the exploration taken out in favor of getting the most of the story and some choice battles into the judge's hands. How and when it progresses from there will depend on the contest and Degica. :)
"Am I just a mission to you?"
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.